Food is Fuel

Happy March!

As someone who is heavily invested in my own health, I am equally as passionate about helping others optimize their health and well-being as well. With our offices located in both Downtown Toronto, and Boca Raton, Florida, there is a strong health-conscious market out there. While we have to be responsible for ourselves, and our own health, at DNALabs our mission is simple…Good Health belongs to EVERYONE… and our tests are actionable, simple, personalized and EASY to use!

This month is National Nutrition Month! Food is fuel and every time you eat or drink you are either feeding disease or fighting it. National Nutrition Month stresses the importance of a balanced diet, healthy food and eating choices and exercise. It goes without saying that exercise is good for you, but it is important to find the exercise regimen best suited for your unique genetic makeup. However, “fitness is only 20% exercise…” the other 80% is nutrition. We all want to eat healthier, but the world of nutrition is confusing – with so many diet trends and fads coming and going, it can be difficult to know which approach is best for you. Keto, Low Fat, Low Carb, Paleo, Intermittent Fasting…optimal nutrition is not one-size-fits-all, as it does not provide for nutritional needs that vary by age, gender, genetic background and other factors. An individually tailored diet that strikes your delicate balance is key to optimizing your body’s functionality and overall health. More importantly, knowing your genetic risk of certain diseases as a result of your dietary choices may help you become more aware of the food choices that you are making, as well as help you to alter your diet and routines accordingly.

Our genes can alter our response to food and our individual dietary needs. Our genes can also influence our body’s ability to absorb, transport, bind, and metabolize various nutrients to influence tendencies for nutrient deficiencies. Variations within genes can impact our tendencies for nutrient deficiencies, snacking behaviours, hormone response to food and preferences for certain flavour profiles – all of which can ultimately affect our overall health, our body weight and our likelihood to respond to various diets. By leveraging your unique genetic profile, the FeedMyGenes DNA Diet Playbook provides a meal plan to best suit your body’s needs. This is the leading edge of personalized nutrition. Stay Tuned for our new launch of FeedMyGenes DNA Diet Playbook- Coming Soon!

Our LoveMyHealth Lifestyle Genetic test allows you to live your best life by providing a personalized report in your own “owner’s manual”. Based on your unique DNA, we create actionable nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle recommendations for you related to dietary and nutrient needs, food sensitivities, fitness planning and physical health management, as well as cardiovascular and metabolic health. Each section of the report provides you with direct changes that you can make today and empowers you to improve your health and well-being!

Our LoveMyHealth™ PRO is available only through select healthcare practitioners and adds an additional 41 genetic markers selected based on their reported associations with various clinical outcomes related to diet, detoxification, heart health, hormonal health, mental wellness, obesity risk, physical fitness, and specific nutrient needs. If you are a healthcare professional, contact us for information regarding our expanded LoveMyHealth™ PRO.

So, what if you could do a simple, personalized, and easy cheek swab, from the comfort of your own home, with results delivered to you electronically- all with a turnaround time of approximately two weeks?  Our tests are WORTH it and it is just as simple and convenient as it seems! Get started and take action TODAY- making this nutrition month your most productive one yet!